Today we are discussing Agriculture Current affairs 08-sep-2020. Which are most significant for the upcoming Agricultural competitive exam. Today we are talking about the 3 most important current affairs of the day.
- Amul to invest RS.1500 cr in 2 years to set up dairy, edible oil, bakery, potato processing plants.
- Kerala Agri Varsity develops a new hybrid variety of salad
- Sources: India’s Agriculture technology can grow to $24.1 billion in 5 years.
Amul to invest RS.1500 cr in 2 years to set up dairy, edibleX oil, bakery, potato processing plants
- GCMMF, Which market daily products under the Amul brand, will invest around RS. 1,000 crore over the next two years to set up milk processing plant.
- Another 500 crores on facilities for new products like edible oil, its made RS Sodhi said.
- (GCMMF) expects 12-15 percent growth revenue in the current fiscal year from Rs 38,550 crore during the last fiscal year despite the COVID-19 pandemic, as demand for branded food products has increased.
- He said the processing capacity would increase the to 420 lakh per day from the current day 380 lakh liters per day
- The edible oils will mark under the new brand ‘Janmay’ it will produce groundnut oil, cottonseed oil, sunflower oil, mustard oil, and soybean oil.
- We already have new plants for edible oil, bakery, and potato processing. Mr. Sodhi said that we will invest RS. 400-500 Crores on setting up more plants in these new business areas over the next two years.
Kerala Agri Varsity develops a new hybrid variety of salad
- Salad cucumber( Cucumis sativus L.) is a nutritional ingredient in raw or cooked vegetables served with launch or dinner. It is a versatile crop for growing either under open condition, shaded situation, or protected cultivation under shade-net or poly-house.
- To make it a profitable agri-venture, he said KAU has introduced a new hybrid variety – KAU parthenocarpic Cucumber Hybrid-1 (KPCH-1)- Suitable for poly-house cultivation.
- The Breeding lines generated by KAU could make available fruits at an affordable cost of RS.1 per speed.
- According to him, the newly-developed cucumber is ideally suited for poly-house cultivation, as the fruit is harvested in the immature stage and the vertical height of the poly-house structure can be utilized for the production of more fruiting nodes.
Sources: India’s Agriculture technology can grow to $24.1 billion in 5 years.
- India’s Agriculture technology sector has the potential to grow manifold to $24.1 billion in the next five years, according to the new report, with a turnover of $204 million, India’s agriculture-technology sector is at under 1% of its market potential today.
- The report has also forecast consolidation in the agriculture-technology space along with startups expanding horizontally to service the end to end needs of farmers within the next few years.
- A big chunk of the gains will likely be made by companies addressing supply chain and financial services solutions, driven by the availability of affordable high-speed internet and the maturing of India’s digital content ecosystem.
- The EY reports on India’s agri-tech potential said. The reports have forecast consolidation in the agriculture-technology space along with startups expanding horizontally to service the end to end needs of farmers within the next few years.