the Most Important Questions of 09 Oct Agriculture Current Affairs. If you are preparing for any competitive exams like NABARD/RRB/AFO/SBI. These Agriculture Current Affairs Quiz can help you to achieve the maximum number of marks by reading Daily Agriculture Current Affairs only on Our Daily Updates. This website provides many types of current affairs and many more.
If you are with Our Daily Updates and if you are reading articles regularly so you are aware of the world. In Agriculture Current Affairs, we bring the best 3 latest topics for you. It is very significant to know about what’s going inside and outside the world. On this website uploaded daily base Agricultural Current Affairs, you can learn, and if you are liking the article so you can share it with your friends. If you Daily learn our Agriculture current affairs so you can crack the high-level exam.
Best 2 Question of Daily 09 Oct Agriculture Current Affairs
- India gets its first-ever Brand & Logo for its Cotton 2nd World Cotton Day.
- Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) would procure 125 lakh bales.
India gets it’s first-ever Brand & Logo for its Cotton on 2nd World Cotton Day
- Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Union Minister of Textiles and Women & Child Development launched the 1st ever Brand & Logo for Indian Cotton on 2nd World Cotton Day on 7th October 2020 through Video Conferencing.
- Now India’s premium Cotton would be known as ‘Kasturi Cotton’ in world cotton trade.
- The Kasturi Cotton Brand will represent Whiteness, Brightness, Softness, Purity, Luster, Uniqueness, and Indianness.
- Speaking on this occasion, the Hon’ble Minister said, this is a much-awaited moment that the Indian Cotton has been endowed with a Brand & Logo. This event becomes more important as the 2nd World Cotton Day was celebrated in the world.
- The Minister recounted the importance of Cotton in the Indian economy.
- She said,’ Cotton is one of the principal commercial crops of India and it provides livelihood to about 6.00 million cotton farmers.
- India is the 2nd largest cotton producer and the largest consumer of cotton in the world.
- India produces about 6.00 million tons of cotton every year which is about 23% of the world’s cotton.
Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) would procure 125 lakh bales
- Similarly, FCI chief Prasad said the rice procurement target for the current Kharif marketing season is set at 497 lakh tonnes (lt), which is 18 percent more than the 420 it procured in the previous marketing season.
- In the current season, 14,26584 MT of paddy having an MSP value of around Rs. 2,882 cores have been procured from 1,27832 farmers of Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu as of October 6th
- The FCI chief said that the government spent Rs. ,90,280 crores for procuring wheat and rice in 2019-20 as against Rs. 1,33,617 crore allocated in 2016-2017.
- According to Capoor, the CCI has earmarked a sum of Rs. 35,000 for procuring cotton this year, which is Rs. 6,5000 crores more than that in the previous year.