All buildings and complexes must install firefighting equipment. It is the first line of defense that acts as a life savior and helps in avoiding costly repairs due to property damage. Often people take their safety for granted and do not give much importance to installing the equipment in the building. It is only during an emergency that one realizes the true value of installing and undertaking the fire extinguisher services in Brisbane.
There are many types of fire safety equipment that are specially designed to deal with the various threats due to fire risk. Some of them include fire extinguishers, fire blankets, hose reels, sprinklers, smoke alarms, emergency & exit signs, fire doors, fire alarms, emergency lighting, hydrant systems, etc. This article provides more insight into the fire extinguisher service in Brisbane.
Types of fire extinguishers: Rules and regulations
There are many types of fire extinguishers meant for various applications. It is necessary for one to comply with the Building Code of Australia. In fact, OSHA has several rules & regulations pertaining to fire extinguisher installations. Listed here are the rules and regulations to install them:
- The fire extinguishers and blankets installed at your workplace must follow the Australian standard AS 2444-2001.
- Commercial buildings should position their fire extinguisher equipment at least 10 cm above the floor, but not higher than 1.2m.
- It is necessary to place fire extinguisher equipment in all high-risk areas like kitchens and in places with a high concentration of appliances or equipment.
- Fire extinguishers equipment needs to be installed within a 15m radius of high-risk areas.
- The fire extinguishers installed in schools need to follow the AS 2444-2001 standard.
- Vehicles that are used for commercial purposes need to implement appropriate safety measures. This includes first aid kits, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Boats and marine crafts have a similar requirement to commercial vehicles. If it is a recreational vessel, it must install portable fire extinguishers as per the Marine Safety Victoria guidelines. This is especially so if there is the presence of any type of gas supply, electric motor, or presence of fuel.
- Farms that operate machinery or farm equipment also need to install appropriate firefighting equipment.
Important facts and statistics
- Less than 50% of those at a workplace are confident of knowing what to do in case of a fire.
- Less than 25% of the workforce is aware of the location of the fire extinguisher equipment.
- There were over 91000 fire calls made in NSW in 2006-07.
- A high percentage of the fires tend to occur at residential places.
- Fire safety training can help increase the knowledge regarding safety measures to take and how to respond during an emergency.
What to expect from stores fire services in Brisbane?
Several firms assist with fire safety issues. Such firms tend to offer a wide range of services for fire protection. When it comes to fire safety equipment, several rules & regulations need to be followed by commercial places, including commercial vehicles. When it comes to fire safety equipment, several rules & regulations need to be followed by commercial places, including commercial vehicles. This isn’t the kind of equipment that one might use on a daily basis; in fact, all of us might pray that the less we need it the better. However, it is important that one has them installed in the correct manner and that they be well serviced and in good working condition by taking advantage of professional fire extinguisher testing service in Brisbane.
You can trust the experts offering fire services in Brisbane to assist you with the installation, testing, and maintenance of essential fire-fighting equipment.