Oats are a healthy and nutritious breakfast option that is easy to make. Here’s a simple recipe for making oats:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of water or milk
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Honey, maple syrup, or any other sweetener (optional)
- Fresh or dried fruits (optional)
- Combine the oats and water or milk in a small saucepan.
- Add a pinch of salt, if desired, to enhance the flavour.
- Cook the oats over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until they start to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the oats simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until they reach your desired consistency.
- If you like your oats thicker, cook them for a few more minutes. If you prefer them thinner, add more water or milk.
- Once the oats are cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit for a minute or two.
- If desired, add honey, maple syrup, or any other sweetener to taste.
- Top with fresh or dried fruits, such as bananas, strawberries, or raisins.
- Enjoy your warm and delicious bowl of oats!
Note: You can also cook oats in the microwave by combining the oats and water or milk