Headlines

Mathura LPG Cylinder Fire Updates: 5 People Burn Due to Fire in LPG Cylinder

inspector RK Singh, in-charge of police station Jamuna Par, said that the incident took place on Sunday afternoon at the house of Rajpal (50), resident of Laxminagar, when he was bringing petrol in a bottle and putting it on the bike.

In the Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh, five members of the family got scorched after a domestic gas cylinder caught fire on Sunday. The police have admitted everyone to the hospital. At the same time, local people have told the police that illegal gas refilling work was done in this house. The police is also probing the matter from this angle.

Inspector RK Singh, in charge of police station Jamuna Par, said that the incident took place on Sunday afternoon at the house of Rajpal (50), a resident of Laxminagar when he was bringing petrol in a bottle and putting it on the bike. At the same time, the petrol caught fire due to a short circuit.

He told that during this time petrol fell on the LPG cylinder kept nearby, due to which the house caught fire. While trying to extinguish it, Rajpal’s two daughters Geeta and Rinki, and two sons Bharat, Devendra, and neighbor Pawan who came for help were also badly burnt.

The scorched people were admitted to the hospital

Police said that local people started trying to douse the fire and immediately the fire department was informed. Two fire-fighting vehicles reached the spot and brought the fire under control in some time. The scorched people were admitted to the district hospital for treatment.

Sadar area Deputy Superintendent of Police Gaurav Tripathi said that some people of the area told that this is not a case of gas cylinder catching fire, gas refilling, and illegally selling petroleum products. In such a situation, the police are also investigating the whole matter from this point of view.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button