Raksha Bandhan 2021 Date: The festival of Raksha Bandhan is a symbol of the sacred love of brother and sister. On this day, sisters tie rakhi on brother’s wrist and make their mouth sweet, after which brothers give gifts to sisters to show their affection and promise to protect them. The tradition of celebrating this festival is going on since ancient times.
Auspicious Time/ Shubh Muhurat For Rakhi
- Purnima date starts on 21st August 2021 till 03:45 pm.
- Purnima date ends on 22nd August 2021 till 05:58 pm.
- Shubh Muhurta on 22nd August from 05:50 in the morning to 06.03 in the evening.
- Auspicious time for Raksha Bandhan in the afternoon from 01:44 to 04:23 minutes.
- Duration of Raksha Bandhan: 12 hours 11 minutes
How To Decorate Rakhi Plates with Decoration items
On the day of Rakshabandhan, sisters decorate the plate. While decorating the Rakhi plate, worship the Lord by keeping saffron, mustard, sandalwood, rice and Durva in silk cloth. Offer Rakhi (protection thread) on the idol, picture or Shivling of Lord Shiva. Then, chant one rosary (108 times) of the Mahamrityunjaya mantra. After this, tie the protective thread offered to Lord Shiva on the wrists of the brothers. With the grace of Lord Shiva, Mahamrityunjaya mantra and the effect of Shravan Monday, everything will be auspicious.